Lifeline24 doesn’t just provide the Republic of Ireland with peace of mind thanks to our personal alarms, we also provide other life-saving devices like our Carbon Monoxide Detector.
Just like our smoke detector, the Lifeline24 carbon monoxide detector can be connected to your personal alarm. Today’s blog gives you an insight into the dangerous gas which is a severe threat to your health.
Carbon Monoxide – The Silent Killer
Carbon monoxide is a highly dangerous poisonous gas which can make you very ill should you inhale it. The issue is that Carbon Monoxide is odourless, which means that we cannot smell or taste it even if it is the same room as we are.
The gas is produced when fuels such as gas, oil, coal and wood don’t burn properly. Leaks are usually caused by incorrectly installed, poorly maintained or poorly ventilated household appliances – including cookers, heaters and central heating boilers.
Blocked flues and chimneys can also become a hazard as it prevents the gas from escaping your home.
Alarm linked carbon monoxide detectors
The unique feature of our carbon monoxide detectors is that they can be linked to our personal alarm systems. This means that if the device detects any Carbon Monoxide emissions in your home, not only will it’s own alarm make a sound but it will also send a help message to our 24/7 Response Team.
They will contact you over the personal alarm base unit’s loudspeaker system – just like they would if you pressed help button on your pendant – and assess the situation. They will advise you to leave the property and will contact your emergency contacts and the emergency services to come and assist you.
It is likely that you will be taken to hospital for oxygen therapy treatment in order to replace any chemicals you may have inhaled whilst in your home. Symptoms which you may have if there has been a leak include:
- Nausea – feeling sick
- Difficulty breathing
- Stomach pain
Our detector is lightweight, weighing just 178g, and comes with a five year guarantee. It should be installed in the same room as the appliances which need to be monitored. If fitted to your wall the device should be above the height of any door and window and at least 150mm from the ceiling.
If you choose to mount the detector on the ceiling it should be at least 300mm from a wall. Please keep the detector between 1m and 3m from the appliances being monitored.
Connecting the Carbon Monoxide Detector to your alarm
If you purchase the carbon monoxide detector alongside your personal alarm you will need to follow these instructions to connect the devices:
- Remove the back of the detector by twisting the two halves apart
- On the inside of the device, locate the switch in the rectangular gap near the edge of the detector. Flick this switch across – use a pen is necessary to reach the switch. The lights on the front of the detector will light up briefly when the switch is flicked.
- Rotate your detector until the green circuit board is at the top. To the left of the centre point there is a tiny black button – this is the pairing button
- Press and hold the green cancel button on your alarm’s base unit until a bleep is heard. The red help button should be flashing slowly and the unit will announce ‘programming mode’.
- Press and hold the green cancel button again until a bleep is heard. The red help button should now be flashing rapidly and the unit will announce ‘registration mode’.
- Press the little black pairing button on the detector. The unit will acknowledge that is has been programmed by a high-pitched bleep or spoken message
- Press the green cancel button on your alarm’s base unit to exit programming mode
- Follow the instruction manual to fix the detector to the wall or ceiling. You will then need to press the Test & Hush button to do a test call. The detector will then dial for assistance from our Response Team. Please inform them that you are doing a test call for your new carbon monoxide detector.
Buy a Carbon Monoxide Detector today
Our alarm linked carbon monoxide detectors can be purchased on a Lifeline24 monthly plan. The device will cost you €36 upfront to cover the first three months, with the carbon monoxide detector costing just €12 per month.
This is an amazing price for a device which could help save your life. Without a carbon monoxide detector in your home you will simply will not know if their is a leak. Save yourselves and your loved ones by purchasing a detector today.
There are two ways of ordering your Lifeline24 carbon monoxide detector; either by visiting our website or by giving a member of our sales team a call on 1 800 937543. The friendly sales team will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about our carbon monoxide detectors, or any of the other products we have on offer.
* Please note, the prices shown are VAT exempt prices.