Lifeline24 doesn’t just provide you with life-saving personal alarms, we also provide other devices which could end up saving your life – including the alarm linked smoke detector.
Today we explain why this device is such a valuable part of the service we provide and the reasons why you should have one in your home.
Fire can kill
Fire is one of the biggest threats that people face in their homes. There a number of different triggers which could cause a fire and they could happen at any time – both day or night – including when you are asleep.
In the event of a fire in your home you are at least four times more likely to die if there is no working smoke alarm in your home.
In 2014 there were 37 fire related fatalities in the Republic of Ireland – with 13,154 fires being attended by the fire brigade. At least 13 of these fatalities occurred in buildings which were not fitted with a smoke alarm – with at least one case found to have occurred within a building that did not have a working smoke detector.
The Fire Service advise that everybody should have a smoke detector in their home and that they should check them regularly to ensure that they are working. Our Alarm Linked Smoke Detectors offer something extra to their users.
Alarm linked Smoke Detectors
Our smoke detector has one key addition – they link to our personal alarms! This means that if the device’s optical sensor detects smoke, not only will its own alarm make a sound but it will also send an alert through to our 24/7 Response Team.
Just as they would if you pressed your pendant alarm, the Response Team will speak with you over the base unit’s loudspeaker system to assess the risk. If needed they will contact the emergency services and inform your emergency contacts of the situation.
Even if you have just burnt your toast it is a great system to have in your home as your health and safety is the most important thing. A false alarm is a good way for our Response Team to check that your system is working correctly as well.
Our smoke detectors have an excellent 10-year battery life and the device has a battery included inside the box – which is one less thing for you to worry about once you have the system in your home.
The device is sleek, modern and is just 86mm diameter x 58mm deep so it will not become an eyesore in your home.
Connecting the smoke detector to your alarm
If you purchase the smoke detector alongside a personal alarm you will need to follow the following instructions:
- Insert the battery (provided) in the smoke alarm
- Press and hold the green cancel button on the alarm’s base unit until a beep is heard. After releasing this button, the red help button should be flashing slowly and the unit will announce that it is in programming mode.
- Press and hold the green cancel button again until a bleep is heard. The red help button should now be flashing rapidly and the unit will announce that is is in registration mode.
- On the smoke detector press the small black button which is located inside the device. The base unit will acknowledge that it has been programmed with a high pitched bleep or spoken message.
- Press the green cancel button on the base unit to exit programming mode.
- Press the black button inside the smoke alarm to test that it activates the base unit. Allow the personal alarm to dial through to the Response Team and when they answer simply inform them that you are testing your new smoke detector.
Buy a Smoke Detector today
Our life-saving smoke detectors are available on the Lifeline24 monthly plan and cost just €7 per month.
That is a small price to pay for something that could ultimately end up saving your life if a fire should occur in your home. Our smoke detector can be bought on its own or alongside our personal alarm.
There are two ways of ordering a Smoke Detector; either by visiting the Lifeline24 website or by giving a member of our friendly sales team a call on freephone 1 800 937543.
A member of the team will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our smoke detectors, or any of the other products we offer.
* Please note, the prices shown are VAT exempt prices.